October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month, and it's only $50 to adopt a dog on Wednesday, Oct. 23 - Sunday, Oct. 27!* KHS is full, so please help us spread the word! Dogs are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and ready for a loving home. Click here to view dogs.
*Puppies and HIPP pets are excluded from this event. No holds on dogs during this event. Not valid with KHS store credit offer. When adopting, please bring a leash and collar, or you can purchase them in the KHS store. Offer valid Oct. 23 - Oct. 27, 2019.
If dogs aren't your thing, it's only $10 to adopt kittens & tween cats now through Oct. 31! BOGO included - take home two furry friends for just $10. As always, adult cats are pick your price. Click here to view cats.
KHS has new seasonal hours for the winter. We will now be open Monday - Saturday from 11 am - 6 pm, and Sundays from 1 pm - 4:30 pm. We WILL NOT be open late on Friday evenings. Furry Film Friday and additional scheduled activities will not be impacted.
Help us Empty the Shelters with Bissell Pet Foundation! Adoption fees will be $10 for adult dogs and $5 for kittens/tweens on Saturday, October 12, 2019! As always, adult cats are Pick Your Price.
Empty the Shelters is a nationwide adoption event. Bissell Pet Foundation will sponsor the remaining adoption fee at over 125 shelters in 26 different states!
Adoptions are first come, first served - no appointment needed. Adopters will be asked to fill out a brief survey. No holds or dog to dog introductions on event day. Reduced adoption fees are not valid with KHS store credit offer. Not valid with KHS BOGO kittens/tweens promotion. All animals are spayed/neutered, microchipped and vaccinated.
What: Empty the Shelters reduced fee adoption event. $10 adult dog & $5 kitten/tween cat adoption fees. As always, adult cats are Pick Your Price.
When: Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 11 am - 6 pm
Where: Kansas Humane Society at 3313 N Hillside St, Wichita KS
Why: Bissell Pet Foundation and KHS are committed to helping animals find loving homes through affordable adoption.
Can you hunt down all of the clues? Put your paws to work! Be one of the first 30 participants to collect all 6 stamps (1 at each clue location) to receive a special prize – Woofstock Event Entry, Woofstock T-Shirt, and a Zip-up Portable Water Dish.
How to Participate in the Subaru Paw Hunt:
1. Six locations will be revealed via clues on Kansas Humane Society’s & Subaru of Wichita’s Facebook’s starting September 9th, 2019 at 2:00PM.
2. The Subaru Paw Hunt will end on October 2nd, 2019.
3. A new Subaru Paw Hunt clue will be published at 2:00PM on Sept. 9th, Sept. 12th , Sept. 16th, Sept. 19th, Sept. 23rd & Sept. 26th (On KHS & Subaru of Wichita’s Facebook pages).
4. You may join the Subaru Paw Hunt at any time; game cards can be picked up at any location.
5. Collect a stamp at each location – each location has a unique stamp! There will either be a Subaru Paw Hunt Table at the location, or request a stamp from a cashier/the front desk.
7. A participation prize will be given to anyone who collects two stamps – participation prizes can be picked up at the entry tents at Woofstock. No entry fee is required.
8. No Paw Hunt locations require entry onto private property.
9. Clues do not have to be completed in order.
10. Participants who engage in any unsportsmanlike, disruptive or abusive behavior will be disqualified, at our discretion.
11. Anyone who damages, destroys or trespasses on public or private property will be disqualified from the Subaru Paw Hunt. Participants must obey opening and closing hours of businesses and public spaces.
12. Participants must be 18 & older or have a legal guardian present to receive a prize.
13. Employees and their immediate family of Kansas Humane Society and Subaru of Wichita, and board members of Kansas Humane Society and their immediate family, and committee members of Woofstock and their immediate family are not eligible to receive a top 30 prize or grand prize.
14. Participants who meet prize guidelines can attend Woofstock and pick up their prizes at the entry tents. Entry not required for prizes.
The Kansas Humane Society is offering FREE cat spay/neuter and microchip for low income households! Cats must be friendly and easy to handle/put in a carrier – no feral cats.
When: Saturday, Aug. 24, 2019. Drop off starts at 7:00 am, limited to the first 50 cats.
Where: Kansas Humane Society at 3313 N Hillside, Wichita KS 67219
First come, first served – 50 spaces available.
Drop off starts at 7:00 am and ends once all 50 spots are filled. Plan to arrive early.
Cats must be in a carrier. One cat per carrier. No exceptions.
No limit of cats per household.
Owner must be available for pick up the same day. Owner will be called to pick up the cat once it has recovered from surgery.
Low income households only ($40,000 or below annual household income. No proof of income required.)
Cats must be at least 2 months old & 2 pounds.