Can you hunt down all of the clues? Put your paws to work! Be one of the first 30 participants to collect all 6 stamps (1 at each clue location) to receive a special prize – Woofstock Event Entry, Woofstock T-Shirt, and a Zip-up Portable Water Dish.
How to Participate in the Subaru Paw Hunt:
1. Six locations will be revealed via clues on Kansas Humane Society’s & Subaru of Wichita’s Facebook’s starting September 9th, 2019 at 2:00PM.
2. The Subaru Paw Hunt will end on October 2nd, 2019.
3. A new Subaru Paw Hunt clue will be published at 2:00PM on Sept. 9th, Sept. 12th , Sept. 16th, Sept. 19th, Sept. 23rd & Sept. 26th (On KHS & Subaru of Wichita’s Facebook pages).
4. You may join the Subaru Paw Hunt at any time; game cards can be picked up at any location.
5. Collect a stamp at each location – each location has a unique stamp! There will either be a Subaru Paw Hunt Table at the location, or request a stamp from a cashier/the front desk.
7. A participation prize will be given to anyone who collects two stamps – participation prizes can be picked up at the entry tents at Woofstock. No entry fee is required.
8. No Paw Hunt locations require entry onto private property.
9. Clues do not have to be completed in order.
10. Participants who engage in any unsportsmanlike, disruptive or abusive behavior will be disqualified, at our discretion.
11. Anyone who damages, destroys or trespasses on public or private property will be disqualified from the Subaru Paw Hunt. Participants must obey opening and closing hours of businesses and public spaces.
12. Participants must be 18 & older or have a legal guardian present to receive a prize.
13. Employees and their immediate family of Kansas Humane Society and Subaru of Wichita, and board members of Kansas Humane Society and their immediate family, and committee members of Woofstock and their immediate family are not eligible to receive a top 30 prize or grand prize.
14. Participants who meet prize guidelines can attend Woofstock and pick up their prizes at the entry tents. Entry not required for prizes.
The Kansas Humane Society is offering FREE cat spay/neuter and microchip for low income households! Cats must be friendly and easy to handle/put in a carrier – no feral cats.
When: Saturday, Aug. 24, 2019. Drop off starts at 7:00 am, limited to the first 50 cats.
Where: Kansas Humane Society at 3313 N Hillside, Wichita KS 67219
First come, first served – 50 spaces available.
Drop off starts at 7:00 am and ends once all 50 spots are filled. Plan to arrive early.
Cats must be in a carrier. One cat per carrier. No exceptions.
No limit of cats per household.
Owner must be available for pick up the same day. Owner will be called to pick up the cat once it has recovered from surgery.
Low income households only ($40,000 or below annual household income. No proof of income required.)
Cats must be at least 2 months old & 2 pounds.
Several dogs need immediate foster care and are eligible for our Foster-to-Adopt program. You can adopt for a reduced fee after your foster term! These dogs need foster care because they have kennel cough, a doggy cold which causes sneezing and coughing. Symptoms usually last 2 - 4 weeks. Click here to view available dogs.
How Foster-to-Adopt works:
- Pick up your foster dog today and pay a foster deposit.
- We'll contact you within 3 days to check on the dog's health.
- If the dog is no longer coughing, we'll schedule an appointment with our veterinarians for a health check.
- Once the dog is cleared of kennel cough, you can sign adoption paperwork, with no money due at the time of adoption! You'll also receive a $10 credit to the KHS store.
If you're interested in Foster-to-Adopt, stop by today and speak with our front desk staff, or call 316-524-9196. Click here to view available dogs.
In June, the Kansas Humane Society will celebrate 10 years at the Murfin Animal Care Campus! To help us celebrate the improvements and changes we've made in the last decade, LANCO will be playing a benefit concert for KHS!
When: Friday, June 28 at 6:00 pm
Where: WAVE | 650 E 2nd St. N. | Wichita, KS 67202
Tickets: All Ages | $15 GA | $30 VIP | $30 Meet & Greet Add On | Rain or Shine - No Refunds | Purchase Tickets at waveict.com
Grant of $50,000 will extend efforts to save more animal lives in Wichita, Kan.
Kansas Humane Society of Wichita announced it has been awarded a $50,000 grant from the Petco Foundation to support its work to promote the bond between people and animals through pet adoption and spay/neuter services.
The Petco Foundation investment will help to provide discounted spay and neuter services for pet owners in the community who can provide proof of financial need. The grant will also be used to underwrite free and reduced cost adoption events.
“This grant will help us continue to do lifesaving work in the Wichita area. We will be able to provide low cost spay/neuter services to prevent unwanted litters of animals and help many animals in our community live healthier lives. We’re very thankful that this Petco Foundation grant will allow us to host reduced cost adoption events throughout the year to place even more animals in loving homes” said Mark Eby, President/CEO of Kansas Humane Society.
Kansas Humane Society is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the welfare of all companion animals serving the Wichita, Kan. area. Since 1888, Kansas Humane Society has found homes for thousands of animals each year. Kansas Humane Society achieved a 94% save rate in 2018, and provided care and services for nearly 16,000 animals.
For more information about Kansas Humane Society, visit www.kshumane.org. For more on the Petco Foundation, visit www.petcofoundation.org and join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by using the hashtag #PetcoFamily.
About Kansas Humane Society
Founded in 1888, the Kansas Humane Society is a community resource for pets and people, dedicated to enhancing the welfare of all companion animals. As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, KHS receives no federal, state or local tax dollars, support from the Humane Society of the United States, is not a United Way agency, and depends entirely on private donations and fees for service. More information is available at www.kshumane.org.
About the Petco Foundation
At the Petco Foundation, we believe that every animal deserves to live its best life. Since 1999, we’ve invested more than $250 million in lifesaving animal welfare work to make that happen. With our more than 4,000 animal welfare partners, we inspire and empower communities to make a difference by investing in adoption and medical care programs, spay and neuter services, pet cancer research, service and therapy animals, and numerous other lifesaving initiatives. Through our Think Adoption First program, we partner with Petco stores and animal welfare organizations across the country to increase pet adoptions. So far, we’ve helped more than six million pets find their new loving families, and we’re just getting started. Visit petcofoundation.org to learn more about how you can get involved.