KHS Dog Adoption
Adoptions are available on a first come, first served basis - no appointment needed. Holds are $50 and reserve a pet for you until closing time the following business day. Holds are processed in the order they are received and may be placed during or after business hours by calling 316-524-9196. The fee is applied towards your adoption; otherwise, the deposit is non-refundable and will be used by KHS to help additional animals in our care.
- Dogs (6 months & older): $180
- Puppies (under 6 months): $250
- Lonely Hearts Club Dogs: $150 and below
- High-Profile Pets: $200+
- Pets for the Elderly - Senior citizens (age 60 and over) who adopt a dog or cat receive $50 off of their adoption fee.
- Working Cat Program - Please visit this link for more information.
Included in Adoption
- Spay or Neuter Surgery
- Bordatella Vaccination (dogs 8 weeks and older)
- Heartworm test (dogs 6 months and older)
- Fecal Evaluation (dogs under 5 months)
- DA2PP Vaccination(s) (dogs 8 weeks and older)
- One Frontline Treatment
- One Heartguard Treatment
- 30-day Pet Health Insurance Coverage
- Transition bag of premium Hill's Science Diet dog food at adoption
- $10 credit to the KHS store for all full price dog and puppy adoptions (not included with special promotions or adoption events unless otherwise noted)